Dance and movement class caters to kids with special needs
“You can use anything at home, and it will continue to benefit. You can stretch at home. You can do the dance moves at home. And you can show off at home, to all your family and friends.”
Abby Slupe, an instructor with Vestavia Dance, joins AC to talk about her inclusive dance class that focuses on building motor skills, flexibility, strength, and coordination.
- What are the benefits of movement and dance?
- When and where is the dance class?
- What is the structure of the 45-minute class?
- Is the class wheelchair accessible?
- What is the cost to participate?
- What is the future of the dance movement class?
- What is a good song to dance to?
- Location of Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church
Resources mentioned in broadcast:
Alabama Care is partially supported by the Alabama Council on Developmental Disabilities (http://www.acdd.org/). The views expressed are not necessarily the views of these organizations.