Angels Among Us gives kids with disabilities access to a variety of fun activities
“I was talking to my husband, I said, ‘I really want to work with special needs children. I really want the parents not to go through what I went through as in searching for an answer.’ “
AC anchor Lane Hagan, founder of Libby’s Friends, is joined by Musette Hankins, founder and president of Angels Among Us, to talk about her organization and its goal of connecting parents and of giving children with disabilities a chance to interact with other kids like them.
- When did you start Angels Among Us?
- What events and meetings does your organization host?
- Where are you located?
- Do you have any future events that you would like to mention?
- What relationships have you built?
- How can we get involved with Angels Among Us?
- What does the perfect sponsor look like?
- Success stories
- What are some of your long-term goals?
- How can we help Angels Among Us be successful?
Resources mentioned in the broadcast:
Alabama Care is partially supported by the Alabama Council on Developmental Disabilities (http://www.acdd.org/). The views expressed are not necessarily the views of these organizations.