Meadows offers a glimpse into the life of someone with spina bifida
“From a very practical standpoint, there’s different barriers and I don’t know that I can classify any as the largest barrier. But … from a very practical standpoint, reaching things. Because I sit. So, you’ve got to figure out different ways to do things and to reach things and to get things and to maneuver and to move around and to just get along within the house, within your own home, within your own property.”
Sarah Williams is joined by Philip Meadows, who discusses the challenges of living with spina bifida.
For a captioned version of this interview, visit https://fb.watch/gI_CaGLQ2W/
- Tell us about your early life with spina bifida
- What are the different levels of spina bifida?
- What is the biggest barrier you have experienced with spina bifida?
- Who is the most inspiring person in your life?
- What was your dream job growing up?
- What organizations have you worked with?
- Have you always had a system of support?
- What advice would you give to someone living with spina bifida?
Alabama Care is partially supported by the Alabama Council on Developmental Disabilities (http://www.acdd.org/). The views expressed are not necessarily the views of these organizations.